Having a pool put in requires you to make a lot of decisions that will affect how your pool turns out. One of the most important steps is also one of the most looked over: choosing your swimming pool contractors! If you are looking at swimming pool contractors in your area, our team here at Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios has some steps that you should take before you make your decision.
1. Shop around. Choosing a swimming pool contractor isn’t like choosing a dish at a restaurant — you can’t just send it back if you don’t end up liking it. Taking your time and thoroughly researching your swimming pool contractors is the best thing you can do before putting in a pool.
2. Check out referrals. If anyone in your area has recently had a pool installed, getting swimming pool contractor referrals is a great way to narrow down your search. Make sure to ask why they liked or didn’t like working with their swimming pool contractors.
3. Make it legal. Before you sign any paperwork, familiarize yourself with the laws of contracts regarding swimming pools and always read the paperwork entirely before signing anything. This can save you loads of money if there’s an issue.
4. Visit a few pool stores. Talking with pool professionals will help you narrow down choices and also help you decide whether or not you would want to work with these people during the duration of your build.
5. Trust yourself. Even if everything looks okay on paper, if something feels off about a swimming pool contractor that you can’t put your finger on, go ahead and find someone else.
To learn more about our swimming pool contractors, call us here at Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios today.