With every home renovation of any kind, including the installation of a swimming pool, for every job that was smooth and easy there are ten more that were a nightmare! If you’d rather be in that first camp, you’re certainly in good company! Everyone wants to find a swimming pool contractor, but how to you carefully vet out the good ones and avoid the lemons? At Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios, we have come up with a few red flags regarding swimming pool contractors that can warn you to move on to someone else.
- They won’t show you their license or proof of liability insurance.
- They refuse to offer references.
- They want to be paid in cash for a discount.
- They want to be paid all or the majority of the expenses up front.
- They’re hard to communicate with.
- The name of the company doesn’t match the name on their contractor’s license.
- They don’t ask you to sign anything.
These are all potential red flags regarding swimming pool contractors for you to watch out for. Without the right contractor, your swimming pool might end up half-finished, improperly installed, or end up costing you much more than you had planned. None of these situations are ideal ones, and these warning signs can help you avoid working with a lemon of a swimming pool contractor!
Here at Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios, we want to ensure that your swimming pool contractor is a good one to work with and can provide you with quality work. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have and provide you with references if desired to make sure we’re the right pool contractors for you!