Undergoing any large home improvement project can be stressful and anxiety-inducing. Here at Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios, we want to put you at ease. You are in very experienced and capable hands. We are here to answer any questions you may have as you choose your pool type, size, and shape.
Based on your preferences and budget, we will create a design that you will enjoy. Because we know that sometimes you need to see it to believe it, we will generate a 3D model of your project before work begins. Once you approve of the pool design, our sister company, Chad Goodin Signature Homes, will begin the pool installation process.
For several weeks, your yard will look like a construction site. The process is long, as it takes several weeks for the gunite to cure and dry. For your reference, the pool design and installation process has several steps, including:
- Excavation. A lot of dirt needs to be dug up and removed to make way for your pool.
- Structural support. Steel rebar is used to create structural support, acting like the pool’s skeleton.
- Plumbing and electrical. All plumbing, mechanical lines, and electrical wires needed for the design will be installed before the shell of the pool. A sub-panel is created that will house the pool pump, filter and heater.
- Gunite. Concrete is shot out of a high-velocity air gun, in the form of gunite, over the structural support rebar. Our team will come along behind to shape and smooth the gunite.
- Perimeter tiles. As the gunite cures, the perimeter tiles will be placed.
- Plaster. After the gunite is cured, a layer of plaster is applied, creating a smooth, waterproof protectant layer. Afterwards the pool can be filled with water.
- Pool Startup. Pool equipment will be installed and the water chemically balanced. You will learn how to operate all pool equipment.
The anticipation is high as you wait for your pool design and installation to be completed. Before you know it, you will be swimming in your own private pool! Call us today to get your process started.