In the summer, it is hot outside and there are annoying bugs. In the winter, it is too cold and/or wet. Having an indoor kitchen is a convenience. Why would anyone want to go back to the Stone Age and cook outside? Here’s why!
- Extend Your Living Space – If you have a fancy backyard with a pool, beautiful view, fire pit, etc. then it’s most likely your guests will want to stay outside while you’re doing the cooking. If your cooking space is outside, you can interact and socialize with your guests while you’re preparing the food.
- Comfort and Safety of Home– People want to socialize and relax in a comfortable area without the pressure of crowds or the stress of traveling and maintain their man-made human comforts. With an outdoor kitchen, you can enjoy the flame-cooked tastes of food made over an open fire without giving up electricity, indoor plumbing, and privacy. An outdoor kitchen can provide the brief experience of a resort getaway without the travel expense and time commitment of a vacation.
- Flexibility– An outdoor kitchen can be as simple or as complicated as you would like it to be. Your oven/stove/range is a built-in piece with little flexibility in movement. Grills can be simple, charcoal units that can be transported to a friend’s house, the lake, or camping in another state. However, they can also be a gas or wood-burning appliance located in your outdoor living space. Modular outdoor kitchens can include a grill, fire pit, refrigerator, preparation surface, pizza oven, bar, lighting, seating, pavilion, smoker, and any other kitchen luxury you can imagine. The highlight is that you can rearrange, add, or take away features as you feel is necessary.
- Wallet-Friendly Options– Adding certain permanent features to the kitchen in your house may be more expensive than you imagined. Certain luxury items, such as the pizza oven mentioned above, will cost less as an outdoor unit than if installed in your home. Preparing meals outside will put less stress on the environment in your house during the summer. Your air conditioner will not need to work as hard if you aren’t raising the temperature of your home with the use of your stove and oven. Additionally, you can create the perfect location for hosting meetings, birthday parties, and other special events without the need of renting space in a fancy restaurant.
- All Materials in One Convenient Place– Outdoor kitchens today are not like those of the Stone Age. Virtually anything you have in your indoor kitchen can be part of your outdoor kitchen – made with weather-friendly materials, of course. Shelves, cabinets, refrigerators, sinks, seating, etc. can all be included in your outdoor kitchen. Fortunately, this will reduce the need to travel back and forth and eliminate the stress of forgetting necessary utensils inside.
For more information on our swimming pool services, contact us today! At Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios in Mooresville, NC, we can design the perfect outdoor kitchen for your space.