If you are tired of looking at a dated and ugly pool, it makes sense to consider a pool remodeling project. This type of project is like any other home improvement project in that you must take time with the preparation and planning to get the results you hope for. Here are a few pool remodeling mistakes to avoid.
1. Not hiring a pool contractor. Pool remodeling is rarely a do-it-yourself type of project. Most people lack the expertise and tools, not to mention the knowledge about quality materials and the appropriate permits to apply for. Go with the professionals, and you can save yourself a lot of headaches.
2. Choosing a style that is far too trendy. If you plan to sell your home shortly, going with the trending styles for your pool remodeling could work in your favor. However, if it is going to be a while before you relocate, your trendy style of today could undermine the value of your home later when the trend has moved on to something else. For long term value enhancement, go with classic features that will remain popular for years to come.
3. Ignoring home architecture. Consider pool remodeling that will complement your home’s style, or it will look terribly out of place.
4. Proceeding without a realistic budget. The last thing you need is a half-completed pool remodeling project because you ran out of money. This is another reason to go with a pool contractor as you’ll know the cost upfront.
5. Overbuilding for your neighborhood. Pool remodeling is usually a great way to add value to your home. However, if it sets your home’s value far above the neighborhood, you may not get the return on your investment you hope. However, if you plan to enjoy your home for a lifetime, the joy that the pool remodeling will give you has value too, so don’t rob yourself of that for what the future might or might not hold in terms of resale value.
Here at Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios, we have your back when it comes to making pool remodeling mistakes. We’ll make sure to obtain any necessary permits, use quality materials, design improvements that complement your home, and provide you with an accurate proposal. We’ll answer all questions you may have, so that you can feel confident that your pool will turn out how you envision it.