When the weather starts to cool and the kids are back in school, it can be easy to look at your beautiful pool with a pang of sadness. Well, stop right there! Just because summer is over doesn’t mean that you can’t still enjoy spending time in your outdoor space. Here at Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios, we have cooked up a few new things for you to try cooking over your fire pit this winter.
- S’mores: Yes, s’mores and fire pits go together like bees and honey, but there are many ways you can change up this classic for a new and delicious twist! First, try varying the ingredients. With a simple swap of a chocolate bar for a peanut butter cup, you can have an entirely different flavor. Try mixing it up with flavored marshmallows, different varieties of graham crackers, and even add frosting.
- Bacon: Not just for breakfast anymore, this thin slice of heaven wraps nicely around a stick and cooks within a few minutes of roasting. It’ll take some self-control to not eat it immediately, but let it cool a minute for a delightful, salty snack.
- Starburst Candy: When skewered like a marshmallow, these little candies lend themselves wonderfully to roasting. Once caramelized on the outside, eat, enjoy, and then repeat!
- String Cheese: Mozzarella cheese sticks will melt into a delicious, cheesy snack that you can enjoy with marinara sauce or breadcrumbs.
- Pizza: With the right skewer, you can even cook pizza over the fire pit! Using a grill pan or skewer with multiple prongs, add sauce, cheese, and toppings to a pita or flatbread and cook until the cheese melts.
- Apples: Skewer an apple, wrap in tinfoil and roast. Serve warm with cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla ice cream.
Have we missed anything? Let us know your favorite recipes that use a fire pit!