Here in the Lake Norman area, we enjoy some of the most wonderful weather in the country. No one recognizes that more than we do at Lake Norman Signature Pools & Patios! We love spending time in the outdoors, and we love that our business enables our clients to maximize their outdoor time, as well. Today, we want to give you a few tips that will enable you to maintain your outdoor living furniture for years to come, so you can enjoy this nice weather in the utmost comfort.
1. Purchase Quality Pieces. It may seem obvious, but the one of the easiest ways to maintain your outdoor living furniture is to buy high-quality items to begin with. These items are more likely to stand up to wear-and-tear than their cheaper counterparts, which could end up saving you money in the long run.
2. Follow the Directions. Make sure you carefully read and follow the directions of the manufacturer. This can ensure that you won’t damage, stain, or lessen the lifespan of your outdoor living furniture.
3. Be Gentle. It can be tempting when you’re power spraying the dirt and dust off the garage to give the furniture a once-over as well, but don’t! Outdoor living furniture isn’t meant to withstand that kind of pressure or harsh chemicals.
4. Nip it in the Bud. Do you see a string coming loose? A small screw that won’t stay in? Fixing and repairing these small items will be easier than trying to fix what will happen if these small items are left ignored and become worse.
5. Cover, Cover, Cover. Outdoor living furniture is designed to withstand the elements, but just like sunscreen can protect your skin from premature aging, covers can protect your outdoor living furniture from accelerated wear-and-tear.
If you would like more tips on how to keep your outdoor living furniture looking like new, please let us know.